We are officially overdue for good weather, possibly doubly so. When riders open with lines like “at least it’s not 4 degrees and raining like the last time I was here.” Super Duper Kudos to everyone who showed up, dumped out their shoes, wrang out their gloves and were generally Troopers.
In the words of Gordon, “You all deserve a scotch – make it a single malt – and bloody tumbler of it.”
Excellent conditions last night meant that three/four course records were reset – demolished may be more accurate in some cases. Excellent efforts all around, 31 riders on the course under variable East winds and sunny skies. July looks to be SPICY.
New Course Records:
Women’s EDDY – Brenda S: 40.32 (formerly Dionne S. @ 44.09 – 2014) (YOWZA!!)
1. Format will follow the same as yesteryears: 6 PM Registrations, 6:30 start. Park and register at the Cedar Beach Conservation Area parking lot (just south of Cedar Island Yacht Club, base of Heritage Rd and McCain Side Rd Kingsville)
2. Ladies first.
3. First-time riders will ride off the front of their respective gender category.
4. $10 donation/ride – 100% of proceeds to benefit ALS Windsor-Essex. Last year, we raised $816.43 (*not sure about that .43?!) which was donated to the Blake Clifford Memorial Fund. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
5. SHARE THE FREAKIN’ ROAD. Be aware and respectful of cars, adults, strollers, tractors, dogs, kids, etc. The course is open to any and all traffic and obstacles. Grin/grimace and get after it!
6. and finally, some minor details: the course is 24.7 km in length, out-and-back format, turnaround at CREW Winery.
It’s been a long, cold winter and we are so excited to see everyone out again! Hard to believe this is already the fourth year of the series – as Liam likes to remind me, the first ever was just him and Craig (timing is a thankless job, apparently.)
Looking forward to seeing some personal and overall records be DEMOLISHED this summer.
Last results of the year! I know a few riders had their best EVER times, and still others riding for the first EVER times. Dionne Shepley set a new Women’s Eddy Course Record 44:04(!!!) thus providing me inspiration to get out training. (It’s all about me, right?!) Way to go, Dionne!! Fastest times of the night go to Darryl and Laura!
Extra special THANK-YOU to Janelle Barbarian, official Farm Dog timer, who actually delayed moving back to Guelph in order to make the last trial.
Thanks for your patience, everyone! I’m feeling a little sorry for myself for having missed out on all the fun, but it was a fantastic concert!
We seem to have reached critical mass and we are working on something to help us keep track of everyone; stay tuned for July. Liam and I were talking this week and we don’t know of another club-level TT in the province that routinely gets 30+ riders out on a weeknight – so way to represent, Essex County!! Still waiting on a perfect night, conditions-wise – but still 3 months to go! Regardless, Thierry lowered the course mark by 11 seconds from last summer… we’re now down to 34.17!! Must be that French food!
I know there was some confusion on Tuesday – please shoot me an email if you spot a mistake and I’ll get it corrected ASAP. As always, thanks so much for coming out!
Our BIGGEST TT ever – 35 riders last night. Thanks so much for coming out!
**SO MANY new riders last night – if you’d like to be added to our email list, please contact me: meg (at) farmdogcycles (dot) com …we are putting together some BEAUTIFUL FDC jerseys you will want to see!**
I should also point out that the women’s course record DID fall last night…Congrats to Kirsty at 42:20, 17 seconds off of Lauren Tucker’s mark from last year. (Lauren will be around racing at IronHawk this weekend so we could have a rematch!!)
I think it was also the first time we ever had an East wind that stuck around for the headwind coming home. I would say well done in the challenging conditions; after the spring we’ve already had I don’t think it applies. Maybe just Well Done :)
Overall Time (MM.SS)
Avg Speed (kph)
Overall Time (MM.SS)
Avg Speed (kph)
And delayed results (with apologies!) from an officially tough night – the April Fool’s edition: